Bounce, Shoot, Score!
Guess what? A few weeks ago we started basketball training! 👍👌
Mum signed us up for a homeschooling basketball group about eight minutes away from our house. I always thought I was really bad at basketball, but since we've started playing I've become heaps better, I think.
The first day we did some warm ups and a dribbling game; the rules to it are simple. There is a big square painted on the ground and everyone playing stays inside this square. Each person has their own ball to bounce, and as they're bouncing the ball they have to knock other player's balls out of the square. The last person left bouncing a ball is the winner! 🥇 In the first game, I came third. 🥉 Still, better than nothing.
After this game we did shooting practice and the coaches told us how to shoot a ball accurately. They said that the way to remember how to shoot is to remember the abreviation 'BEEF'.
B stands for balance. You should have your feet in line with your shoulders.
E stands for elbow. You should have the elbow of the arm that is holding the ball tucked into your side, and the other elbow (usually the right elbow) horizontal.
The other E is for your eye. You have to have your eye focused on where you're shooting.
And finally the F stands for follow through. Whenever you shoot the ball give it a flick, so it spins in the air.
Thanks for reading!
Sounds like you had a BEEFY good time
ReplyDelete