Hello everyone! My name is Michael. I am 13 years old and I live in Australia with my large family. I have lots of hobbies: reading, playing with Lego, making Lego stop motion movies, jumping on the trampoline, riding my bike and scooter, playing soccer and the piano, and eating. My favourite food is pizza. In my blog I will be writing about the things I learn, see, and make, and the places that I go. So come on and get reading!
Hello there! In this post I will be teaching you morse code. Morse code is a system of dashes, and dots, ( . - ) these are used to represent letters, numbers and punctuation. It was invented in the 1830's by Samuel F.B Morse. He invented it to communicate to the English people through magnetic pulses as he lived in a time before text and voice communication. The first ever sentence sent by morse code was, "What Hath God Wrought." Here are all the letters and their translations. On the left is the letter and on the right of it is the morse code translation. A . - B - ... C -.-. D -.. E . F ..-. G --. H .... I .. J .--- K -.- L .-.. M -- N -. O --- P .--. Q --.- R .-. S ... T - U ..- V ...- W .-- X -..- Y -.-- Z --.. They are all the letters, and now for numbers: 0 ----- 1 .---- 2 ..--- 3 ...
In the world there are three different types of camels. The most common camel is the one-humped Arabian dromedary. Thousands of years ago, dromedries were considered domesticated. They are native to East Africa and to Central Australia! The second species of camel are called the Bactrian camel, which has two humps. The Bactrian camel is found in Central and East Asia, and is also domesticated. The third species of camel is called the Wild Bactrian, which also has two humps. Its habitat is in the remote Gobi Desert. There are also about 1,000 Wild Bactrian camels left that are critically endangered. People have used camels for millennia; they have been used for traveling, racing, and sometimes warfare. They were also thought to have pulled plows for farming. Camel milk is highly nutritious, and in Africa, camel urine is used for medicine. YUCK! 🐫 😝 In this part of the world, camel meat was served at feasts, and nomads of northern Africa drank camel blood and milk thoroughly mixed toge...
In this post, I will be introducing you to the wonderful world of Rubik's Cubes. The first ever Rubik's Cube was made in Hungary by Ernő Rubik in 1974. He invented it so that children could understand 3D objects. There are many different types of Rubik puzzles; the most common is the 3x3 Rubik's Cube. Others are the 2x2, the 4x4, and the Pyramid. 2x2 Cube 3x3 Cube 4x4 Cube Rubrik's Pyraminx Various Rubik's puzzles General Rubik's Cube Facts 1. Did you know there has been a full Rubik's Cube made out of Lego that can actually twist! 2. The person that made the first cube took over a month to solve it. 3. The world's biggest Rubik's Cube is a 33x33x33. 4. People have ...
You all remember the Lego Singer? If not, you can see him here. Well, since then I've made a few more faces! The first face is Mr. Skinny, made in about 20 minutes. The hardest bit was definitely the technic stand at the back. My favourite part is the goatee beard. Technic stand The next Lego face is a very confused character with an outstanding beard. One day I plan on growing a beard just like this one. My mum thought he looks confused because one pupil is round and the other is square, but that was purely because I didn't have enough circular black pieces. The hardest part to make were the eyebrows. I have recently made improvements to my beloved Lego Singer. He now has a body! The arms swing up and down. Clever, ha? The hardest part of construction was definitely ad...
Yesterday a delivery came at our doorstep; it was the army men we asked for! Mum said that if we memorise a poem or a Scripture verse, we can get an army soldiers, till we collect the whole set. If we memorise something long, we get two men; but if it is easy, we get one. So far together, we have twelve men. The man I chose was a soldier with a M-60 machine gun (I know my guns), a guy with a huge gun on a stand, and one another guy with a little blaster. Mum got two packs of the soldiers, each one containing 100! So that means that we got 200 soldiers in all. (Not to brag but, I'm a really smart kid). 😏 Hope you like the picture. 😀 😁 😃 😄 😎 😏 😆 ↓ The soldiers you see are one pack. 💂
In the game Chess , the objective is to capture the king ♚ (which is the best piece). 😌 Chess pieces The King can move anywhere, but only one spot at a time. ♔ The Queen is the second most important piece. It can move anywhere in one direction at a time, on a straight or diagonal path. ♕ The Bishop can move as many spots as it like, but it has to be diagonally. ♗ The Rook (or castle) can move up, down, left and right, as many spots as it likes in one direction. ♖ If you get this piece to the other side of the board, you can trade it with a Queen! The Knight can move in any L shape, that being, two squares in one direction and one square perpendicular to it. And the last one the Pawn. It can only move forward and one spot at a time, though on the pawn's first move, it can move forward two squares. You can only take a piece by moving diagonally. If you get the pawn at the other side of the board, you can trade it for any thing but the queen. How the pieces are set up. The pie...
Welcome back for another blog post about trick shots (if you don't know what a trick shot is, look it up on a previeous post. Here's the link: https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/3838334339859028007/4761281397047251103 So far I've recorded over 200 trick shots! I didn't put them all on this post at once because there's only a certain amount of videos there can be on one post. Here are a few videos. Enjoy! I hope you liked the videos. Stay tuned for new posts (they will be coming at least once a week now).
I was carving some wood for a sword on a work horse. The leg from the work house folded in and fell on my foot! Ouch! Now I am at the hospital in the waiting room with my dad at 5:17pm, wearing a silly mask! I came to Emergency and a nurse practitioner examined my foot. I took off my shoe and sock, and she saw where it was bruised. After she examined the foot, she said I had to get an x-ray. I got two x-r ays done on my foot. Looking at the x-rays, it is not broken, thankfully! I can't walk on my foot very well, so I usually hop or walk on the side of my foot where it doesn't hurt much. My foot is getting better, all I ask is that people don't kick it or step on it! When my foot is fully recovered, I can jump on the trampoline again and hopefully not hurt it, because Mum and Dad are getting tired of taking us kids to the hospital all of the time!
If you are going to watch the movie STAR WARS, there are two things that you need to know. Those things are the two teams. The bad side is called the Empire and the good side is called the Rebels. The Empire was first ruled by the bad leader Darth Vader (who is Luke Skywalker's dad) and the evil lord Darth Sidiouse. Darth Vader wasn't always bad. As a child he was called Anakin Skywalker and born on Tatooine with no father. One day when Anakin was a nine year old boy, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Got Jinn and other companions came to Tatooine to repair their engine. They met Anakin there, who was a slave for an alien named Watto. Obi-Wan and Qui-Got had nowhere to stay for the night, so Anakin let then both sleep at his house. At dinner, they all talked about the journey they were on. When their engine was repaired the next day, Anakin wanted to go with them on their journey, so his mum Shmi Skywalker, let him go with them. From then on, Anakin was trained by Obi-Wan and Qui-Got to be a...
Yes thanks!
ReplyDeleteThats great!
ReplyDeleteAnd that's also really neat!
ReplyDelete