Mum's Birthday!
A little while ago it was my mum's birthday! 😃
For a pre--birthday present, we let her go on a mini holiday for a night to our grandparent's house. The day before her birthday (when she was at our grandparent's house) we watched a movie and had popcorn. 🍿 😋 (No, we weren't celebrating her absence). The next day we cleaned the house and left home at about 10:00am to meet Mum at our grandparent's. The car was packed with boxes (Mum's presents) and other stuff. Because we were going to have a sleepover too we brought our clothes in backpacks, which gets very stuffy in the car if you think about it. When we arrived we said hello (especially to Mum) and later our mum and dad went to a fancy restaurant for lunch. Our grandfather made us all his speciality - salmon toasties. 😍 😋 😍 😋
When our parents returned at about 3:30pm (after a very long lunch) we sat around the living room talking, talking, talking. Sometimes I feel like that's the only thing we ever do! Anyway, later our uncles came to celebrate Mum's birthday. That night we had chicken wraps for dinner. They were so good I had at least one billion! After everyone had stuffed their faces, is was cake time!!! 🎂 I had heaps of room in my stomach for that. The cake was so good! Do you know why? Because I made it. It was an orange almond cake, which is one of my favourites. Mum taught me how to make the orange almond cake so that whenever we need to whip up a quick cake, I can make it myself. I got at least 20 comments telling me how nice it tasted. Not trying to brag, but...
Mikey, that was really nice of you to let your mum go away for a night. I hope she appreciates your kindness!
ReplyDelete21 comments....that was a really good cake!
ReplyDelete